Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Sophie Can Walk!!!

Last night, while dinner was cooking, K was in on the family room floor playing with Sophie. She was standing up on her own and she looked like she wanted to take a step in the worst way, but just stood there and smiled at him. A little while later, I went in and stood her up, held onto her mid-section to get her balanced a bit, and then scooted back and reached out for her. She took three little steps toward me! We all saw it and we made such a big deal out of it that she sat there and clapped for herself and laughed for several minutes. Very cute.

So, we stood her up to do it again, and again, and again. And she got quicker each time to the point where she just started to fall forward into my arms and laugh without even taking a step. And when I would stand her back up and try to steady her before letting go, she would push my arms out of the way...she didn't want any help, I guess! We did catch it on video and will try to get a clip loaded in the next few days.

A very touching side story is that EJ was SO excited to see her little sis walk for the first time. After Sophie was able to repeat it a few times, EJ looked at us and said, "I'm so excited for her I could cry!" and her eyes were all misty. How sweet is that? They just love each other so much.

Of course, it won't be all sweet and lovey at all when Sophie can walk over and mess up all of EJ's stuff.

No comments: