Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Twas' the night before China...

...and all through the house, not a creature was stirring, not even a mouse. HA!!! I wish I weren't stirring. I'm exhausted. Finished packing, cleaned the house (well, most of it), and am just generally ready to GET TO MY SOPHIE!!!

The airport van arrives at 3:45 AM, so I am off to bed as soon as I pay a few bills that I should have dealt with earlier this week. Oh well. I was busy then, too. The suitcases are finally zipped and locked. All weighed in with pounds to spare and lots of room to pack purchases (especially after we eat all those snacks out of there).


EJ wrapped up school today, and Mrs. D gave her some worksheets to keep her busy on the plane and a journal that she can then read back to the class when she returns. I made some up for her too, so she'll stay busy.

Pray for us to have a safe flight and for us all to be healthy. You won't see any posts from me before Thursday at noon east coast time, and at that, it will only be to let you all know that we've arrived. If you don't see that post, don't worry, I'm probably just jet-lagged and too tired to go to the business center. Check back soon!

3 comments:

Casey said...

How exciting!! We will pray for you and your family as you make the trip of a lifetime! It will be a blast. No worries...all will be well when you hold your little one. Take Care and we are looking forward to watching your journey, Casey Tarpy (mom to Emeili - Suichuan baby girl!)

Ryan said...

I wish your family safe travels! I can't wait to hear about your trip to China! What an exciting and far away place to go! The farthest I have seen is Las Vegas Nevada... Maybe you can answer a question for me when you get there... 2 years ago a child asked me what keyboards look like in other countries? I didn't have a good answer for that child? When you get there see if you can take a peek at someones computer... Do they use keyboards with the American alphabet on them, or do they have keyboards with the letters in Chinese? That's your computer lab homework EJ! To EJ's Family good job keeping your blog personal but also having a level of anonymity to protect your family!

Carrie said...

My thoughts are with you as you all travel so far to bring home one so dear. I hope that everything goes smoothley and a wonderful time is had by all. I'll be keeping an eye on you.

Carrie