Sunday, June 29, 2008

Weekend Fun!

It's been a weird weather weekend here in New England...thunderstorms (severe ones!) have come through each day since about Wednesday or Thursday. On Friday, I left work just as a real doozy of a storm was settling in. I drove through it for the first few minutes, but by the time I got home, it was quite sunny. But it hit us hard a little while later as EJ and I were heading for dinner with some friends and a few games of bowling.

Yesterday morning, I took the girls strawberry picking. It was Sophie's first time, and she didn't even try to eat the berries, but she did enjoy poking her fingers into them and then squishing them in her hands! Lovely.






You can see that the girls have jackets on in the photos...it was in the low sixties! After lunch, EJ went to a pool party at a neighbor's house and the girls all had a lot of fun (I could hear them squealing at our place!). She came home saying that she spent most of her time in the hot tub!

Pap Pap showed up a little early and arrived in time for dinner last night (ribs and corn on the cob - hey, it's a holiday week!). When he walked in, he held open his arms and said "Give me a kiss, Sophie!" and she ran right to him. They've been good buddies ever since. Which is good. Because tomorrow, he's in charge while we're working!

Today, EJ and I and eleven others (8 more kids, 3 more adults) went to see WALL-E. A pretty good movie - good social messages, etc., but not my favorite. The animation is simply stunning, though, and until WALL-E blasts into space, you'd swear you were watching something filmed on a backlot. EJ says she's going to write a blog post about it tomorrow. We also watched an older flick, Matilda (1996) with that cute little Mara Wilson girl from the Miracle on 34th Street makeover done in 1994. It was a little scary during the chase scenes, but all in all a pretty good story. I'm sure you'll hear about this one on EJ's blog too.

As for summer books, we're working on the sequel to Steal Away Home, Soon Be Free. She has a pretty extensive summer reading list from school to work on too. I think she needs to read any two books on the list before 4th grade starts, but I'm sure she'll get in a few more than that.

2 comments:

Gail said...

Looks like the girls had a fun time!
I love Sophie's outfit. Too cute!

Alyson and Ford said...

Publish you book reading list. We need help with the grands and soon to be daughter!!

Alyson LID 01/27/06