Sunday, April 12, 2009

Happy Easter!

Alright, so I'm going to work my way backward through the last few days since I'm too lazy to reorder the photos I just uploaded. It's been a LONG week with Miss Sophie sick. I came down with it Thursday afternoon and then it hit K around 1 AM on Saturday. EJ has been mostly immune, with just a stuffy nose to show for it.

We did feel well enough to get out for a little while this weekend. After church this morning, we went to my cousin's for brunch. Here are some shots of the girls there in their Easter outfits:






The day started around 6:45 with an egg hunt. We left out a dozen pink eggs for Sophie and a dozen purple ones for EJ. The Easter Bunny fills them and hides them, along with the baskets. Sophie found her basket under the desk in the family room. It had puzzles in it!


She really got into the egg hunt this year.


EJ's basket had piano music for High School Musical 3 and Jonas Brothers, a Jonas Brothers book, the soundtrack to the new Hannah Montana movie, and a paper quilling kit. And candy, of course!


Her basket was well out of reach on top of the cabinet in the family room:


K usually bakes cinnamon rolls for Easter morning. Here he is, hard at work on Friday night:

And the finished product:


On Saturday morning, while K was home couch-ridden with the fever, I took the girls to the Easter Bunny Breakfast at EJ's school. Sophie LOVED the big bunny and hopped right onto his lap!


While K was baking cinnamon rolls, we colored eggs. Sophie had fun with that this year too. When we were all done, she said "Mama, we need more eggs!"



4 comments:

OldOaks said...

Now when I was a boy we had to go find old leaves and boil them in water to make the colors and nothing was a bright as yours. Of course we frequently had to slog through snow up to our knees when Easter was early and then rummage for what leaves were left. Mostly the eggs all looked brown. Finally my Mom and Dad just bought brown eggs and told me they had dyed them for me.

Two Pearls said...

Oh, to get colors that bright you just buy the chemicals from Walmart and add vinegar! :) These ones did seem especially bright this year - I was wondering if I bought super-toxic tablets!

Unknown said...

I love the girls' outfits. They are adorable. It looks like Easter was a lot of fun at your house.

Alyson and Ford said...

Adorable Easter dresses! Lovely!

Happy Memorial Day!

AA is 32 Months Old!
Alyzabeth's Mommy for Eight Months!
Service to Children www.fumch.org