Monday, March 22, 2010

Catching up...

Yeah, I'm still here. Busy, busy. A few things to catch up on, but I'm just going to lump them all into one post!

I splurged a bit and bought myself a new digital camera a week or so ago. It's a Nikon D5000 DSLR with two lenses (18-55 and 55-200). I've been playing around with it a little, as we're going on vacation again in a few weeks and I really want to get some great photos! I've only taken some "basic" shots around the house over the last few days. Saturday, the weather was so incredible, and Sophie and I decided to kick the soccer ball around a bit after dinner. I thought this was a good opportunity to take some shots in "sports mode", but they all came out blurry!

Well, last night K and I watched the training video and guess what? I learned a lot! I wanted to try out the action shots again today, so I had the girls dance around (and jump!), and giving the shutter priority over the aperture did wonders!





Last weekend, we also bought Sophie a big girl bed! FINALLY!!!! She really likes it!


About three weeks ago (when there was still a bit of snow on the ground), K got out EJ's first bike...this cute little Madeline bike. Sophie really felt like a big girl on it!


This past weekend, we went to a Manchester Monarchs hockey game. The Monarchs are an affiliate team of the LA Kings. EJ's school chorus sang the national anthem. The first two pics were taken during the sound check, when the parents were allowed on the platform. During the real performance, EJ was on the Jumbotron!!


No comments: