Saturday, July 28, 2007

Down came the rain and washed the spider out...

...NOT! We had a terrific rain shower this afternoon. Some distant rumbling thunder, but mostly just a good solid soaking. I took Sophie out on the porch to feel the breeze and listen to it rain, and we spied this beautiful spiderweb near the staircase on the far end. It had a not-so-beautiful creature on it. You can't tell the size of it from this photo, but the view you see in this photo was about 2 feet in diameter. Amazingly, the torrential downpour didn't seem to damage the web or bother Mr. Spider at all.


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Love the spider photo. We're big blueberry fans here, too. Sera loves it when Jim adds them to her pancake.

The photo shoot of your daughters is just breathtaking.

I know exactly where Lillian is. I haven't been to the Pony in years, but have some really fun memories of past visits there.

Two Pearls said...

Yes, I enjoyed your "Ode to the Blueberry post". Laughed out loud, as I remembered when I changed EJ's first "blueberry surprise"!