Monday, September 10, 2007

My very first birthday! (a post by Sophie)

Today was my very first birthday! I was so excited for it I could hardly contain myself. The partying started yesterday when we had a nice lunch with Mommy's cousin, C and her family. Then, Mommy made me this panda birthday cake:


I clapped when she showed it to me!


To my delight, I discovered that I got to EAT some of the cake. Mommy cut a little piece and placed it in front of me. I thought I would start by licking the icing...


...but quickly learned that it was far more fun to squish my fingers in it!



And then, what the heck - I decided to pick up the entire piece and try to shove it in my mouth!


I made sure that I didn't miss a single crumb.



Oh man, that was good cake! Mommy said it's a secret family recipe called a screwball cake.


Next, it was time to open some presents! Hmmm....wonder what's in here?


I got a really neat shape sorter...


and this cool telephone:


And finally, my sister EJ got me this really cool xylophone! I love it! My eyes get all big when EJ plays me a song. All in all, a great first birthday. How many more days till I can eat cake again?


2 comments:

Gail said...

I posted on the wrong post.
So I'll try again.

Happy Birthday Sophie!
Sophie is adorable! And what a smile.
You did a great job on the cake!
Very nice!
My daughter turned 6yo today.
Time does fly.

Gail said...

Hello again,
Thanks for visiting my blog!
Believe it or not I attended PTAG back in May of 06!!!!!
The wait was 8-10 months back then.
I originally thought I would be traveling at the end of 06.
Boy was I off!!!