Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy Valentines Day!


It has been a rough week for us. Poor Sophie, after being sick for two days, was diagnosed on Thursday afternoon with pneumonia. She and I spent the last two nights at the local hospital. Her oxygen levels were a little low, so she received supplemental oxygen and nebulizer treatments as well as antibiotics. We're happy to be home this morning. She was a real trooper through it all and charmed everyone at the hospital. The staff at the hospital was amazing, and we are thankful that she feels better and that we had such great medical support! She returns to the doctor on Monday for a checkup, and will hopefully be cleared to return to school.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That had to be terrifying. I'm glad that you're home now. I hope Sophie is all better soon.

Wendy said...

I'm so sorry that Sophie has pneumonia but am glad that she is getting a bit better. It's awful, isn't it? I have never seen Emma so sick. She didn't seem to respond quickly to the antibiotics either...they wanted more, heavy hitter ones eventually and another chest x-ray (to which I said NO). She also hated the nebulizer. Anyway, she never had to be hospitalized, though I had packed our bag because it was touch and go for several days. Our pediatrician said that he's seeing lots of children with this and that it seems to be a tough strain. Keep us posted on how she is doing.

Sorry that I missed you at the CNY party. We've miss a lot this winter due to all these respiratory illnesses. Spring can't come soon enough. Maybe we should plan another way to meet. Remind me of where you live. There are several of us CAWLI moms who haven't met yet and it would be fun to plan something.