Tuesday, June 26, 2007

The worst sound of summer

Think about the terrific sounds of summer - burgers sizzling on the grill, the tinkle of the ice cream truck, the sound of iced tea being stirred (okay, that one's a quote from "Rent")...gee, all of these involve food, huh? Interesting.

I have one bad sound of summer to offer up. It must be the worst one, because I'm having trouble even thinking of others. Maybe you can think of some...if so, comment below.

The worst one...the shrill hum of a mosquito in your ear after you've turned off the lights at night. Hate it. Can't stand. Lived through it several times last night. Each involved turning on the light and smashing the little bugger. Swatted a few more dead this morning. Not sure where they're coming from, but I hate that sound.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just had some of those nasty "skeeters" in my ear when I was working at the compost pile.