Thursday, August 16, 2007

EJ's new favorite TV shows

EJ just finished watching one of her new favorite TV shows, Dirty Jobs, on the Discovery Channel. The host of the show travels the world doing jobs that are difficult, dirty, and/or dangerous. Tonight's episode was a repeat, featuring host Mike climbing up the Mackinaw bridge in Michigan to change the lights. He was 200-300 feet above the water. EJ thought this was a wicked cool job and said how much fun it would be to ride back down it like a roller coaster. Me? I was panicking just watching the show...I don't do heights if I can see what's underneath me (think ferris wheels, water under bridges with grates in the road). No way, no how. My blood pressure probably went up about 30 points just watching this episode.

EJ's other new favorite show is Hannah Montana. She hasn't really seemed too interested in it until now. Back in May, before we traveled to China, I downloaded six episodes on the iPod for her to watch on the flight. Instead, she watched a one hour episode of America's Funniest Videos featuring animals over and over and over again.

On our car trip to PA last week, I offered up the iPod several times, but she was too busy reading and building a list of all the license plates we saw (30 different states!). On the way home, she finally decided to watch the episodes that I had downloaded three months ago. All I can say is that I've created a monster. She watched these six episodes at least twice (and perhaps thrice!) on the journey and then immediately came home and turned on Disney Channel and watched a few more episodes. And then proceeded to tell us all about them. Every. Single. Detail. Now that we're back to reality (and somewhat of a schedule), she has remembered to pick her one favorite show to watch each day.

And speaking of the Disney Channel, we...er, I mean SHE...is so excited for tomorrow night's premier of High School Musical 2. I mean, how can you NOT be?!?!?! We ran out to buy the soundtrack on Tuesday when it was released. She is going to a friend's birthday sleepover tomorrow night to watch it. I'm kinda bummin' because I'll have to watch it by myself!!! She is all ready to go - and she even has a new HSM nightshirt to wear to the party. Her cousin H in PA is having her birthday party three weeks early to have a HSM sleepover tomorrow night too!

1 comment:

Carrie said...

Alex and I are also lovers of Dirty Jobs. I have started to Tivo it so that I will be able to get a good laugh after a bad day with teenagers once school starts again.

We will also be watching HSM2 tonight. Should be fun. Alex is only into it for the basketball so I don't know how interested he will be in this one. Guess we will see