Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Just doing my part...

If you know me, you know I love to shop. As much as I enjoy it, I refuse to pay full price for most things, especially clothing. I proudly claim the title as the Queen of Clearance Rack Shopping. My father-in-law coined a term for my shopping philosophy...he calls it L-nomics (insert my first name where the L is). Now, there aren't many people who have a strategic shopping philosophy, so I've decided to share it with you. If we could just get the whole world to think like this, I think we can lure the country's economy out of any recessionary trends.

Here's my guiding principle when shopping...If there is a $100 dress on the clearance rack for $40, you can buy it and STILL HAVE $60 left over to spend on something else...say, shoes or jewelry to accessorize the dress! Never mind that you never intended to spend $100 on the complete outfit...how can you NOT if you bought the dress at such a great discount! How can this wonderful economic theory be misused, you might be wondering? Let's examine an inappropriate use of L-nomics. Let's say your husband buys the $25k SUV instead of the $50k Hummer. That DOES NOT, I repeat, DOES NOT mean that he has $25k left over to spend on accessories, or another car, or tools, or...or...or anything for that matter!

Anyway, enough about me and my economic theories. The real purpose of this post is to show you a picture of some adorable matching dresses that I bought for EJ and Sophie last weekend at The Wooden Soldier's tent sale in North Conway, NH. That's right...a BIG OL' SALE with nothing but the most gorgeous boutique clothes you have ever seen for little girls (and big ones too).


This one for Sophie matches EJ's Easter dress from this year. You can see it here.


And I got them all for 60-75% off the original price. My best catch at the tent sale was a few years ago when I got EJ a $225 dress for $29. Here it is:

No comments: