Sunday, November 9, 2008

A productive weekend (and Quote of the Day)

Ahhh...I finally feel like I got something done this weekend. At least, something in addition to the normal grocery shopping and Mt. Laundry. I sorted through a huge pile of paperwork that I've managed to avoid for the last two weeks. I hate doing paperwork. I wish I could deal with it for just a few minutes each day, but alas, it's always the least of my concerns at night.

We went to a local craft fair on Saturday morning and found a few things - some nice hair bows for Miss Sophie and another good gift idea for some local folks. Later in the afternoon, Miss S from daycare came to babysit since she was home from college for the weekend. She had given me her email at the end of summer, but I couldn't find it anywhere...so I found her on Facebook of course! Anyway, K and I went out for a romantic dinner over a slice of fast-food pizza and then did a four hour holiday shopping spree, which ended up being quite successful.

We saw a few other ideas while we were out, so I was able to place an online order for that stuff today. While Sophie was napping, K took EJ to get her new tennis shoes and I actually baked some cookies to put in the freezer for the holidays. Tonight, K and EJ whipped up two batches of homemade clay that her teacher requested, and I was able to design and upload our Christmas card.

Whew...now I'm ready for bed. It's going to be a busy week. But first, today's best quote:

"Lazy Bones"

Before I can tell you about the quote, you need to understand a little background. Most mornings, Sophie is up before EJ. Before Sophie and I go downstairs, I'll tell her we need to go wake up EJ. So we go in her room and say "C'mon lazy bones, get up!" This morning, Sophie was awake about 6:45 and came into bed with us for a while. She was getting silly and started repeating her name over and over (but it comes out as "Fofie"). I asked her what her name was, and she said "Fofie LiLei H____". Then I asked her what my name was, and she answered "Mommy". I asked her what K's name was, and she answered "Daddy". Finally, I said, "What's your sister's name?" That's when she said "Lazy Bones". I lost it and laughed for about five minutes!

No comments: