Saturday, November 29, 2008

We're home!

We really know how to log the miles on vacation. As if the 575 mile drive to my dad's isn't enough, we get there and then drive all over southwestern PA to do lots of other things. We had a lot of fun. Here are my favorite photos of the week. Somehow, though, I managed to NOT take pictures of the girls with Pap Pap and Mamaw. I'm not sure how I can do that, but I did. Oh well. They'll be here in a few weeks for Christmas.

We arrived last Saturday evening. On Sunday, we went to church. Sophie thought she was quite cute and decided to kiss herself in the mirror.


This shot came out really well:



We went to visit my grandmother and my great uncle and great aunt that day. We popped into my cousin P's house (ugh, no photos there either) and then, we grabbed a few pizzas from Bud Murphy's (the local sports bar) and headed to my friend S's new house. It's gorgeous! Speaking of gorgeous, S's girls had a blast dressing up Sophie:


Here are the girls with S and G's four kids!
And then the girls got silly:



My friend S and I:


On Monday, we went to Glisan's (another favorite restaurant in the area - diner style) with one of K's high school buddies and his mom and K's cousin L and her husband G. On Tuesday we went back to my grandmother's. E had fun pushing S around in grandma's wheelchair!


The girls with Great Grandma K:


On Wednesday, we drove 90 miles to visit my best friend from growing up, A and her family. A and I lived next door to each other from the time we were four years old. She now has five girls and we had a blast visiting with them for a few hours. Again, somehow we were so busy chatting it up and catching up on everything that we totally forgot to take any pictures! Bad me. They hadn't met Sophie yet, so again, Sophie had fun playing with the big girls. By the time we got back to Pap Pap's, my brother T and his wife P and daughter H were there!
Then came Turkey Day! We went with my brother's family to visit my grandmother one more time. Sophie took a good nap and woke up hungry before the meal was ready, so she had a little snack first:

Check out the big bread cornucopia that my sis-in-law made! Isn't that cool? I think I might have to try one of these some year.


Sophie enjoyed some snuggle time with Daddy:


On Friday, E and P and I went shopping to one of our favorite stores, and the guys took the girls to the incline in Johnstown. Pap Pap had told EJ about this the last time we visited but we didn't have time to do it, so she finally got to ride one!

Overall, EJ says the vacation was A-OK! She already misses her cousin H and was sad to leave this morning.

3 comments:

Still A. Fan said...

i still think i should shellac those cornucopias and sell them on ebay.

Two Pearls said...

I agree...I think you could sell them. Some bakery ought to pick up on that idea of hers and make some real "dough".

Wendy said...

It looks like you had a great Thanksgiving. I love the shot of Sophie all dress up. Too Cute!