Friday, December 26, 2008

On the second day of Christmas...

...we have pics of the girls with Santa! They visited Santa twice this year - the first shot is from the local mall in mid-November. On the way to the mall that evening, we coached Sophie to tell Santa she had been a good girl and that she should ask for toys! When we got there, she stared at him and seemed a little unsure at first, but with big sister holding her hand, they walked up and talked for a few minutes. Sophie finally spit out: "Good girl. Bring toys!" Then, I lifted her up onto his lap, and she even smiled for the photo! EJ asked for Monopoly for Christmas, and when Santa asked if there was anything else she could think of, she said NO! He obliged, and a version of Monopoly was safely delivered under the tree - she and Pap Pap and Mamaw are in the middle of a game now.


A few weeks later, we saw the big guy again when he came to have breakfast with the kids at EJ's school. She was used to the routine by now and crawled right up into his arms.


Today is a slow day here - YEAH!!!! My cousin and her kids are on their way up to visit, and we're going out for dinner tonight. No more cooking! I love to cook, but after a few days of big meals, we're opting for leftovers for lunch today and pizza at Flatbreads tonight for dinner!

3 comments:

Wendy said...

Sophie is too cute. She provided Santa with all the essential information! Good job, Sophie.

Wendy said...

Oh...and thanks for reminding me about the CNY party. It would be great to try and meet there. I always buy my tickets right away, but with everything going on, I keep forgetting. I'll go and do that right now!

Gail said...

I love the Santa pictures. The last one is beautiful.
Great close-up.

I am planning on going to CNY.
I have to buy the tickets. Like Wendy I keep forgetting.
I will do that tonight after work.
Hope to see you there!