Saturday, March 10, 2007

I won't eat it!

Yeah, I know it's 6 A.M., and I didn't even go to bed until midnight, but I have been awake since 5, so I figured I might as well get up and do something productive. My mind was racing with everything I want to do this weekend...guess it's going to be a long 3-4 weeks, huh?

Last night for dinner, we made broccoli-cauliflower quiche. EJ doesn't care for it, despite the fact that she loves both veggies and scrambled eggs, but there's something about them all together and baked in a pie crust with cheese that she finds completely repulsive, even when we give it a fun name like Eggie Pie! I mean, this is the girl who tells everyone that asparagus and brussel sprouts are her favorite foods.

Being the super parents that we are, we insisted that she eat a few bites. I mean, how is she going to learn to like new foods if she doesn't at least TRY them? Actually, trying quiche isn't a new thing. We make her do it about every 6-8 weeks. She doesn't like it any better today than she did three years ago, but on the other hand, it hasn't killed her yet either.

This is her defiant "I'm not going to eat it" look:


Swallowing the first bite is always the worst:


But she recovered nicely...


And just so you know, she didn't go to bed hungry or anything. She also finished off some leftover Chinese food from the night before.

No comments: