Saturday, March 10, 2007

Quilt layout

I played around with the layout of quilt squares last night. Can you find one of yours?

Aunt C suggested I place the darker-colored squares on the edge of the heart so that the design stands out. I still need to do some shuffling to get similar colors together. Now, just plop it all on a beige/pink background and put some pink stripes around the edge. Should be done by next week, right? (Just kidding...)


Oh yeah, see the bright pink post-it note in the upper left-hand corner. Just ignore that - it's a placeholder for Mom and Dad H's embroidered panda...I haven't trimmed it to size yet.

If you're counting, I think there are more than 100 squares included. As I mentioned, I received about 135 different fabrics. I want to make sure that I include as many as possible in the quilt. I think I'm going to remove the four in the middle from Aunt B and Uncle H to the four corners of the quilt, since they tell an interesting story. That will let me squeeze in a few more! And remember, extra squares won't go to waste - they will become lap quilts for the baby in the car and pillows!

No comments: