Thursday, August 7, 2008

T minus 1: Opening Ceremony tomorrow!

There I was, trying to wrap up my work for the day. I just needed to check the status of a bug in our defect-tracking system. I launched my browser, and the photo that greeted me on boston.com was this one:


The Olympic torch made its way across a part of the Great Wall today...the Badaling section outside Beijing. The same section that we climbed! You can see the steep descent in the background of the photo. Here's my shot from a nearby location:


And here's one of us that shows the steep climb beyond us:


Notice the nice blue sky, unlike the mist that hung over the wall today. EJ received the most recent issue of Discovery Kids magazine last week, an issue fully dedicated to the wall. It said that the Badaling section has the highest altitude of the 4000+ miles built by the Ming dynasty.

No comments: