Tuesday, August 26, 2008

A walk in the park...a post by Sophie

Wow...the fun just never stops in this house. Today, Mommy, Daddy, and Sissy took me and one of Sissy's friends to a local amusement park. After watching Sissy and her friend MG ride a few things, I got into the swing of things and started saying "My turn!"

Speaking of swings, I decided to start with one of those...I had the whole ride all to myself. I did fine for the first minute or so, then started getting a little teary-eyed. Luckily, it was over a minute later.


Next, we moved on to the boats. These were cool because there was a nifty bell to ring. However, when the boat started moving, I got all serious. Driving a boat requires a lot of concentration.


Next, I moved on to these cool fighter jets - I liked swinging the toy gun around:


Then, it was off to the kiddy merry-go-round, where I sat on a horse all by myself. This was fun, and I figured out I should ask "Again?" Mommy bought it.


After some other adventures on cars, trucks, jeeps, and firetrucks, I really liked these little pony carts. Once the ride started, I yelled "Giddyup", but I kept looking behind me to see if that horse was going to catch me!


As for EJ and her friend, they rode all sorts of wild-looking things, including a rickety wooden roller coaster that Mommy still has a headache from, two spins on a huge corkscrew roller coaster, and way too many things that went round and round and up and down. Mommy said she didn't know my big sister was so brave, but I've always known it! Mommy and Daddy agreed that having MG along helped - it meant they didn't have to ride all the crazy things with EJ! Here they are getting on a ride called "Wipeout"!


You can see them in this pic in the lower center:

And if you think the riding was cool, I also ate hot dogs, french fries, Italian ice, and that rockin' chick M introduced me to the joys of COTTON CANDY! A fun day was had by all, especially Sissy (the "Peace Princess") and M (the "Prep Princess").



1 comment:

Gail said...

Your girls looked like they had a fun time!
Their smiles are contagious!
That amusement park looks nice.
Where is it located?