Friday, September 5, 2008

Bigfoot, the continuing saga

Well, Sophie's swollen foot looked a little better this morning and looked MUCH better this afternoon when I picked her up at daycare. Thank goodness. With only one car available in our house today and me really needing to get some stuff done in the office today, it wouldn't have helped me to work at home.

Speaking of my van, they called to say it was ready...$1700 later. Yeah, that's right. $1700. Ouch. That was the 100k mile tuneup, four new tires, and the correction of the scraping/creaky noise in the front passenger side (something called a brake shim was the culprit). Oh well. It's paid for and that's only four months of car payments. We're of the "drive it until it dies" mindset, so I fully expect to get at least another 120k miles from it. Hopefully.

No big plans this weekend. It's supposed to be cool and rainy. EJ and I are going shopping in the morning for this year's dance gear and we also need to get a birthday gift for Sophie, who will be turning two on Wednesday! I can't believe it.

No comments: