Friday, September 12, 2008

Dancin' Queen!

Well, I'm feeling somewhat recovered...no fever, but still awfully stuffy with watery eyes and sneezing and sniffling. I made it through most of a day of work.

EJ started her other two dance classes tonight - jazz and tap. She's still doing the hip hop routines from Tuesday night, so I have a feeling I'll be back to the dance supply store to get those hip hop sneakers in the next week (pictured below for Grandpap H, who can't imagine what a dance sneaker might look like!).


I forgot to show you my latest kitchen gadget, sent to me by my mother-in-law. She was sure that I needed one of these with two kids, and I think she's right. It's called a Cupcake Courier, and it safely transports up to three dozen cupcakes to school, and you just remove the extra trays that you don't need. The big lid snaps into place and has a nice carrying handle. Why can't I invent something cool like this?!?



We sent Sophie to daycare with 21 cupcakes on Wednesday and about 7 or 8 came back home. Note that there are only two left. Let's just say it is not safe to leave the cupcakes home with a sick mommy.

No big plans this weekend. A few chores to do--weeding the front gardens if the weather cooperates and maybe planting some mums. Perhaps a little fall decorating? And Sophie's 2 year old birthday portrait on Sunday.

Next weekend, Grandma and Grandpap H arrive from beautiful coastal Alabama for a 10 day visit! I don't think they intended it this way, but perhaps they're escaping hurricane season for a little while.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

My sister gave me a cupcake carrier for my birthday this summer. Sera's new daycare doesn't allow homemade treats. They have to come from a commercial kitchen. ;o(