Wednesday, September 10, 2008

"I two!" (a post by Sophie)

Well, actually, I've been telling everyone who asks that I'm three today. I've decided (for mommy and daddy's sake) to just skip over the terrible twos!

Last year, mommy made me a panda cake. This year, it was ELMO! I love ELMO! And mommy said she loves something called eBay, which is where she bought the cool cake pan. Mommy is very sick today - she says I gave her my cold, but I don't think so, 'cause she has a fever too!


I was in awe of the pretty flames on the candles, but I behaved myself and didn't try to reach for them. I also controlled my urge to spit on them while I was blowing (see note above about my bad cold).

Unlike last year, I also resisted the urge to pick up my whole piece of cake (I ate Elmo's right eyeball!) and squish it through my fingers. Again, this was the yummy screwball cake that mommy makes. Honestly, I preferred the vanilla ice cream.


Then it was off to the family room to open presents. Glorious presents. I'm diggin' this birthday thing.


EJ got me the coolest set of wooden blocks. I LOVE to build things, so we'll have lots of fun with this. I've already knocked over one of her masterpieces...

AND I got lots of books. I LOVE books too! I got some Dr. Seuss, some Eric Carle, and even a bear hunt one that I rave about at school!


It was a great day. Sissy called my big cousin H, who also has a birthday today (how cool is that?)! I wish I coulda talked to her, but I was rushed off for my tubby...I needed it!

1 comment:

Gail said...

Happy Birthday Sweet Sophie!
Looks like you had fun today, me too!
What an honor that you share a birthday with me!!

I hope your mom is feeling better soon.
Love Loren