Sunday, April 15, 2007

DAY SIX: Mt. Laundry

I sorted through the rest of the baby clothes today and came to the realization that, even though the cute little duds were nice and clean when they were packed away 7 years ago, they really all need to be washed again so that sweet Sophie won't smell like a cardboard box! And it's not just the clothes...it's the blankets, the bedding, the quilts, the stuffed animals, the fabric seats for the car seat, stroller, exersaucer, swing, blah, blah, blah. K suggested just going to a big laundromat and getting it all over with in 2 hours!

I also sorted through the smaller (size 6 months) clothes and sorted them into multiple piles: trash, donate, give away, eBay, and of course, the sentimental I-would-never-get-rid-of-these piles. The latter pile has EJ's first Christmas and Easter dresses and two or three other cute ones that I don't think I can part with.

I spent an hour or so on the phone last night with MP, a fellow adoptive mom from our agency, who travelled to China in September (I think) to add daughter S into her family. We met M and her husband B at a parenting course that is required for adopting parents in our state. They met S in Nanchang, the capital of Jiangxi, where we will meet Sophie, so she had a lot of good information about the hotel, restaurants, and shopping on the trip.

Well, it has been a blustery day here in New England. A big nor'easter storm arrived this morning and is expected to hang around through tomorrow, which is a state holiday (Patriots Day) in MA, so I get an extra day in my weekend! I feel bad for the marathoners in Boston tomorrow. To run 26.2 miles is a feat in itself, but to do it when it's 35 degrees, sleeting, and the wind is howling in your face sounds like a miserable way to spend a few hours. Here's hoping there aren't many injuries.

No comments: