Thursday, April 12, 2007

DAY THREE: More paperwork?

You know, I thought that the worst of the paperwork happened in the first six months of the adoption process, but we've quickly realized that the last six weeks will probably be even more challenging!

Today, Sophie's care package got in the mail. Not an easy process, however. We already had everything in a nice little pile, but there were still Chinese/English labels to put on all the photos in her photo album, and labels for everything. We sent a stuffed animal, a rattle, an Elmer book (in Chinese and English), a blanket, a photo album, and some disposable cameras so that the nannies can take pictures of her and her surroundings until we get there! There is also a letter to the nanny that asks for more specific eating/sleeping information. We also included some lemon ginger tea and pomegranate raspberry tea for the nannies. Seems funny to send tea to China, huh?


Of course, the local post office couldn't ship an express package to the Peoples Republic of China, so an extra trip had to be made to a larger post office.

Next, the visa applications were FedEx'ed to the travel service in New York along with our passports. Once they've been processed, the passports will be returned with a visa stamp in them to allow us into China.

And then, there is another small stack of paperwork that I can deliver to the adoption agency's office tomorrow. Then, I can take a rest for a while (actually, I took a desperately-needed rest through all of this today too - K's the paperwork guy).
And finally, we received this beautiful baby quilt from PC, a fellow member of our church. Isn't it just gorgeous? And I think little Miss Sophie is going to look just gorgeous all snuggled in it. Thanks!

3 comments:

Carrie said...

It is cool to see everything that is happening after your referral, now I will know what to expect. You guys picked a cute name.

You can email me by clicking on View my Profile on my blog and then email me. I thought that it was there before, but I guess it got removed when I switched to the new blogger.

M3 said...

Aw, congratulations!!! What a little cutie. And Rose heartily approves of the little stuffed octopus (she sleeps with one every night, calls it her baba).

Cheers!
M3

Still A. Fan said...

i think you should put something funny in the box that the nannies will have no idea at all what to do with. think of all the talk at the orphanage if you included say.....a stapler?