Wednesday, April 4, 2007

Where in the world is Baby H?

Well, of course we know she's in China! But where in China? I just did a little snooping through our agency's emails over the last 18 months, and here's the breakdown:

  • 61 from Hunan (7 travel groups)
  • 33 from Jiangxi (4 travel groups)
  • 20 from Anhui (2 travel groups)
  • 13 from Hubei 2 travel groups)
  • 8 from Guangdong (1 travel group)
  • 7 from Guangxi (1 travel group)
  • 3 from Sichuan (1 travel group)

These numbers may not be accurate, as some months the travel group was large enough to be split between two provinces. For example, the February 2007 update reported that 16 families were matched with babies in two provinces. Without knowing the breakdown, I counted that as 8 for each province. In reality, this could have been 15 families going to one province and 1 family traveling to the other. But, I think this is a good estimate.

3 comments:

Carrie said...

I am guessing Hunan hottie. They always seem to be from there when we get the update each month (and your calculations show that.) Hope you hear soon

Two Pearls said...

Yeah, that sounds good to me! And are the "spicy" girls from Hunan or Hubei? I think it's Hubei...that's where M3's twins are from (www.salsainchina.blogspot.com).

Carrie said...

I always thought it was Hunan because of the food (isn't it usually spicy) but I'm not sure.

At this point anywhere would be wonderful as long as you get a picture and some information.