Friday, April 11, 2008

Sophie-isms!


Sophie does some absolutely adorable things right now. She is at a really fun age for learning. She's such a little sponge and she's soaking up as much as she can. Here are some recent accomplishments:
  • Singing. Oh, the girl loves to sing. Actually, she loves for anyone else to sing. She gets a few words in here and there, but if you sing a song she knows (and we discover more of them every day), her little face lights up. At daycare, they teach hand motions for all the songs and she knows them all. Some of her favorites are Row Row Row Your Boat (she sits on my lap and pretends to row), Twinkle Twinkle Little Star (where she always sings along with "up above the world so high"), and Bringing Home a Baby Bumblebee.
  • Climbing the stairs. She doesn't seem to bother them, but when it's time to go up them, she shows off her climbing skills. And she's fast.
  • Speaking of going up the stairs, she gives us no trouble at all going to bed. As soon as you change her diaper in the evening and put on the pajamas, she knows it's coming. She asks for her baba (her warm milk) and chugs it. She's not happy unless she's holding "DeeDee" (her way of saying "Dolly"). When she's done, we say "Night-night. Time for beddy bye" and she grabs that doll and practically runs for the steps.
  • Sitting in your lap. Oh, she's spoiled, this little cutie. She has the teachers at school wrapped around her finger. I've been told that she spends most of the day on someone's lap and then I wonder why she's hanging on me while I'm trying to cook dinner! But you know what? That's why she's going to daycare where her sister went...we know she is LOVED! Those ABCs and colors and shapes will come along some day, but you can't beat a full day of good lovin' from your teacher. If you're sitting on the floor, she grabs a book from her toybox and comes over announcing "book, book!" and then she turns around and backs up until she plops into your lap.
  • Talking. I'd say she easily has 60 words. You might not recognize the "kirk" means drink or "puhpuh" means "purple" but I know what they mean! She doesn't know her colors yet, but she knows the words and tries to guess. We were coloring last week and I had about 6 crayons out and would ask for certain colors. I made a really big deal out of it when she got one right. I think I need to back it down to 2-3 colors to work on them.
  • And now when I say "I love you" she says "Aye luh oooo" back. Melts my heart.

No comments: