Thursday, October 23, 2008

Quotes of the Day


"Resistance is futile."
This quote is from today's Boston Globe review of High School Musical 3. If you have a girl between the age of 6 (or 4?) and 12, I suspect you know what I'm talking about. This Saturday, I'm going with one other mom to take a big group of girls to the movie, and I'm sure we'll have fun. EJ got the soundtrack on Tuesday, so we're singing all the songs and we watched the "Making Of..." DVD. Oh boy. Anyway, the review is as expected. You can read it here. I like the section where they say the movie "has introduced the pleasures of singing and dancing to a new generation? In the real world, Troy would probably be on steroids and Sharpay would be bulimic; Ryan would be in the closet and Kelsi would be in denial; Gabriella would be sending nude cellphone pictures to her boyfriend that would end up on the Internet. (Oh, wait . . .)" Funny.

"Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedies."
This one's from Groucho Marx and is featured in this month's issue of Reader's Digest. Seems appropriate for the last two weeks before the election and/or the current financial mess. Ugh. Enough already.

"Tiggah gave me boon!"
Today's last quote is Sophie telling her big sister about her day's adventure. She went to daycare in the AM while I worked from home. I picked her up after lunch (but before nap) and we headed into my office. It's about an hour's drive and I assumed she would nap. I was wrong. We got to work, where we spent the afternoon trick-or-treating from office to office. To the lack of a nap, add some sugar (M&Ms and KitKats, gee, thanks D!!!), two cups of apple cider, and then...the Tigger sighting! Yes, AM, VP of fun at my office, was at it again...dressed as Tigger, bouncing around, and handing out balloons. What fun! Poor thing didn't make it to the bottom of the hill near my office before she fell asleep in the back seat of the car. Let's just say it wasn't pleasant arriving home at 6:20pm with a sleep-deprived and sugar-overloaded kid. She wailed for the last 30 minutes and fought us as we put on her pjs.

Tomorrow night is EJ's school party - she's going to be Hannah Montana! Saturday is the movie. Sunday is the day I really need to pack for my San Francisco trip since I leave very early on Monday!

No comments: