Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Tough re-entry

Ahhh...a four day weekend that had no big plans. I took Friday off, and then three other days with nothing more planned than some coffee and bagels at my cousin's house. EJ and I did a little shopping (ooo...there's now a Lucky Jeans outlet in Kittery!), we went out for some yummy Mexican food, and I took the girls to the toy store to get some Christmas gift ideas (without a lot of luck).

So, re-entering the weekly routine today was expected to be uneventful. Daycare called K before lunch to report that Sophie appeared to have conjunctivitis. We didn't remember her eye being red this morning, but I thought she felt a little warm. The teacher said that her eye was draining some yucky stuff. So, he went and picked her up. He had a tough time getting her to lay down for her nap, and I left work early to get home in time to get her to the dr. When she woke up from her nap, she was as mellow as I've ever seen her - wasn't talking to us, just very quiet and clingy. She did great at the dr's, and we need to use eyedrops a few times a day until it clears. She didn't seem to mind them too much. She can't go back to school tomorrow, so I'll have to work from home.

I'm also working from home on Thursday, as K is having oral surgery. He needs to have a tooth extracted (while under anesthesia), so I have to shuttle him around. Mind you, this is a tooth that we've already sunk a lot of money into to try to save, and now we're going to throw it out! He's also having some prep work done for an implant that will happen after the first of the year. Yikes. It's a good week here, huh?

After dinner, Sophie really perked back up again and she ran around the house for about 30 minutes! Then, EJ showed her a few hip hop moves, which she picked up right away since she LOVES to imitate EJ!


And we won't even talk about the Sox tonight since they're already down 3-0 in the 2nd inning. Ugh. I just have one comparison to make. What's up with Youk's beard? Kevin Youkilis and Yukon Cornelius...separated at birth? Youk...Yuk? You decide:

1 comment:

Carrie said...

So sorry about you Sox (NOT!!!!)

We should arrange to get (finally) together sometime soon. Send me an email.

Carrie