Monday, February 12, 2007

Colorful fabrics today!

Today at work, I was given two more fabrics to include in the quilt. The first is from J.G. in my department. If you know J, you know that she LOVES to travel to exotic places. In the 3.5 years that I've known J, she's been to China, Cuba, Spain, and Thailand, and she's off to India in a few weeks. She also likes to dive, and she did some diving in Thailand and brought video back to show us all. It was amazing! Anyway, I think the fabric is very reflective of her!


She also included a little note which says that in China, the fish is a symbol of wealth, and she wishes the baby a wealth of love, joy, hope, and peace.

A few weeks ago, I wrote a post about a VP at my office who dresses like Tigger. Well, this next person also makes me smile an awful lot at work. And that person is....(drumroll, please)....M.V., our receptionist extraordinaire. M puts a smile on everyone's face at work, with her funny jokes and emails, and her generally sunny outlook on life. She thought this fabric was cute and said that every kid needs a Happy Meal now and then! (She'll be shocked to know that E has probably only eaten at McD's about 8-10 times in her 7.5 years!) Very cute and unique fabric! Thanks to both ladies for their additions to Baby H's quilt.

No comments: