Tuesday, February 6, 2007

More squares from work!

Today, I received a bunch of squares from my co-workers! Look at these cute prints from PM in the Training Services department...Old MacDonald and dragons! Thank you...these are great additions to the quilt!


Next up are two MORE prints from LK in the QA department. She already gave me three squares, but was working on some projects this past weekend and found more fabric for me--a Noah's Ark print and some travel-related fabric. Notice that the travel fabric has China and a panda bear on it! Thanks for these unique fabrics!



And finally, a very special quilt square from a very special co-worker. AM in my department is quite the crafty woman. She takes a lot of art classes, particularly on fabric and paper printing. She MADE this fabric...isn't it beautiful?!?! The colors are absolutely gorgeous. You can't tell in the photos, but the little doves on the fabric actually sparkle in a very subtle way.


In addition to her fabulous artistic work, A is quite the writer. This is helpful, of course, because we write for a living! But forget about all the techy stuff we write at work, she is also a talented creative writer (remember the assignments we used to share over lunch?!?!). She wrote a wonderful sentiment that goes perfectly with her fabric, and I hope she doesn't mind if I share it here.

To E and mei mei (little sister), L, and K: I wish that there will be many things that you love to do. I wish you the freedom to try them all, and I wish you joy in the trying. I wish you bright colors and rich patterns. I wish you flights into the unknown and safe returns. I wish you warm comforts. I wish you a peaceful world.

How touching. Thank you so much!

No comments: