Sunday, February 11, 2007

For the newest member of Red Sox nation

OK, I know I said I wouldn't comment on which football team was my favorite, but the Red Sox win out by a long shot for baseball. I never even really enjoyed baseball until I moved to the Boston area. I mean, I went to quite a few Pirates games growing up and saw them in the good years (late 70s). That was in the day when you could show up at Three Rivers Stadium and show them a report card with an A on it and get upper-level outfield seats for free.

We've become quite addicted over the last five years or so, which of course peaked in October 2004 when they won the World Series after 86 years. We were at Disney World when it happened, and we got to see Curt Schilling in the parade at Magic Kingdom the next day.


EJ's still a little upset that her favorite player, Johnny Damon, is now a Yankee. She can't figure out why the Yankees have rules that forced him to cut his long hair!

Anyway, this quilt can't have Patriots and Steelers fabric and no Red Sox fabric!!! So, here's another square to add. Apparently, Red Sox frenzy has infested even the crafter's world, as most Red Sox cotton fabric is out of print or very hard to find. A recent auction on eBay for 2.25 yards of it went for more than $100!!! My friend BH (see previous post) suggested I buy a bandana, which gives me just enough for a square!

No comments: