Sunday, February 11, 2007

Squares from the H family

Our good friends, the H family, gave us these squares last night when we met them and several other friends for dinner. I met mom B about 10 years ago when volunteering for a youth program at FLC. Daughter S, now a senior in high school, was only about 7 or 8 at the time and was one of the kids at my table every Wednesday night for dinner. They also have a son, A, in college. We've become great friends over the years, and we also need to extend a big thank you for being one of our references during our home study process!

Here are their contributions to the quilt. First, this cute cat and dog print. E always loves playing with their pets when we're at their house!


Next, in honor of their vacation home in Maine, lighthouses and sailboats. Yes, it always nice to have friends with a vacation home (and a boat to go with it) in Maine! Did I mention it's waterfront and on an island?!?! They were kind enough to invite us up for a weekend last summer and we had a great time!


Next (to compete with my dad's Corvette fabric) is this car fabric. Gee, I have no idea what kind of car this is, but I know that D has one of these cars that he's been working to rebuild. D, if you read this, maybe you can add a comment about what kind of car it is?!?!


And finally, this one of a kind square! Daughter S has a friend who helped out with the calligraphy on this one. It says "Child of God" in Chinese. Very special! Thank you all so much! How do you feel about having a baby in Maine later this summer?!?! :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll take a wild guess and say a 1934 Ford?

Anonymous said...

Yes,L,the car is a 34 Ford Tudor, and hopefull will be finished in the near furure.
B

Two Pearls said...

Wow - my dad had a great guess on this one!

Anonymous said...

L Pap pap S had one of these. It was the first car I can remember. He use to let me sit on his lap and drive it on 2nd street,I was probably 8 or 9 at the time.It was replaced with a 39 Chevy.