Sunday, May 13, 2007

T minus 10: Happy Mothers Day!

Well, I feel a little better today - my throat is still swollen and I still ache all over, but not nearly as much, and I was still able to enjoy Mothers Day!

This morning, before crawling out of bed, I was showered with gifts. From K and EJ was a silver baby bootie charm with Sophie's birthstone in it. K bought me one when EJ was born, and although he was unable to find one that matches, Sophie's is also beautiful. I put them both on the same chain and wore them today in honor of my two little gems!


And despite my gift mantra "you can never go wrong with jewelry", hand-crafted Mothers Day gifts are simply the best. EJ gave me this lovely tea cup she made in art class, one of her "gem" rocks, and a cute MOM tag that hangs on the fridge and allows you to clip paperwork there...



After church, we went to my cousin's house for a delicious brunch with her family, including my aunt and uncle. I took a nice snooze on the way home, and was treated to a yummy steak dinner. Life is good.

So, Happy Mothers Day in honor of moms no longer with us, Mom (Grandma H), E (Mamaw S), Great Grandma K, all moms, everyone whose moms are already departed, everyone who wants to be a mom but isn't, and everyone who is waiting to become a mom.

1 comment:

Carrie said...

That is a cute necklace. David got me charms like that for xmas last year. One is a boy's bootie and the other is a mary jane. We have to get Annika this year or the date on her shoe will be wrong (LOL)