Sunday, May 6, 2007

T minus 17: Spring Fling

Today was spent finishing up the spring cleaning before we leave. More cleaning of window treatments, washing the bedding, scrubbing all of the baseboards and windows, and even wiping down some walls. I'm EXHAUSTED! Since I spent January through March organizing and cleaning closets, dresser drawers, cabinets, the entire attic (both the finished side and the storage space), this is about as clean as it's ever been. I claim no responsibility for most of the basement or the garage, so I figure I'm done.

We also went shopping (again) for more trip supplies. This time, it was a trip through the HBA department at Walmart to get all of the over the counter medications suggested for the trip. Let's just say that I now have enough small little bottles to open my own little pharmacy, and I have many of them in multiple varieties...Infant Tylenol, Children's Tylenol, our Tylenol, Tylenol PM, lots of different cold and cough meds, baby Orajel for teething...the list goes on and on. We also bought a few of those reusable vacuum packing bags.

This concludes the shopping portion of the packing phase...please stay tuned for the next episode, "Selecting my wardrobe for travel."

No comments: