Friday, May 18, 2007

T minus 5: One week from now...

One week from now (8 PM on Friday night), it will be 8 AM on Saturday morning in China. We'll be getting ready to visit the Great Wall. Hard to believe. And only 10 more days until we meet little Sophie!!!

The day started with more wildlife in the backyard. After I finished drying my hair, I glanced out the window in the powder room and saw something moving in the backyard. It was brown and rather large and, for a moment, I thought the deer from a few weeks ago had returned. Once I focused my eyes a little better, I realized it was a REALLY LARGE turkey! Now, this is a new one for us--we haven't seen any turkeys in the 11 years since we've been here. EJ thought it was cool and we tried to get pictures, but they didn't come out too well.

I had lunch today with a former co-worker, my friend BF. If you know B, you know that she is a fanatical (aren't we all?) Boston Red Sox fan. She said the gift was a little self-serving, in that she feels it's her responsibility to help groom new members of Red Sox Nation. Check it out:

Finally, how many kids do you know who do their homework, which isn't due until Thursday of the following week, on FRIDAY NIGHT?!?! That's how EJ's spending her time (while she's watching America's Funniest Home Videos, of course). Yeah, she's still wearing her dance clothes:

No comments: