Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Another day in D.C.

Today was the first full day of the conference, and I heard a lot of interesting speakers and had the chance to talk with quite a few customers. After the last session ended at 5, a few of us decided we needed to get out of the hotel to get some fresh air. We took a cab to the Lincoln Memorial and hiked it back to the hotel, seeing lots of great things along the way. Then, it was off to our company-sponsored dinner party, where the guest speaker was none other than President Bush himself, and I got to have my picture taken with him! Here I am with the Commander in Chief, along with my friends E and T:


Now for the other photos of the day. Just as I was taking this pic, EJ called and she wanted to know if I could see Lincoln inside, but I couldn't, so she told me I needed to go take a pic so she could see him.


So, here he is, EJ:


Next, we walked along the Vietnam Memorial:


And the next stop was at the World War 2 monument:


Finally, on the way back to the hotel, we went past the White House again, and EJ had requested a "bigger closer" picture of it. I tried to explain that you can't get any closer on this side of it, but my zoom got a pretty good shot. The Dalai Lama was visiting with President Bush today at the White House and tomorrow he is receiving the Congressional Medal of Honor at the Capitol Rotunda.


Before closing for the night (now morning), I must come clean that the first photo is not of the real Mr. Bush. This guy was a pretty good impersonator who was our entertainment (not the featured speaker) for our dinner party. As soon as I saw him walk in, I had to run to my room to the get the camera so we could get a pic with him...I thought EJ would enjoy it! You can tell all your friends that Mommy met the President!!!

P.S. I've been talking up the Segway tour so much that a few more people are interested in doing an evening tour tomorrow when the monuments are all lit up. I dunno...I might have to do it again. It was just so much fun!!!!

1 comment:

Still A. Fan said...

i hope he had the mannerisms and voice down becuase he doesnt look anything like him?????