Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Wacky schedules...

Wow. We forgot how much work all the logistics of two working parents could be--packing lunches, arranging drop off and pickup schedules for two, shuttling to after school activities, and oh yeah...all that other silly stuff that needs to be done daily. You know. Laundry. Meals. Cleanup. Baths. Silly us! And did I mention that 7 AM conference call I'm on every Wednesday morning for a project in Japan? I'm exhausted!

This afternoon, I picked up Sophie first. She didn't cry when she saw me (although K and EJ reported that she did cry at dropoff this morning!). She even let out a little smile, which is good...like, "Mama, you're here!"...much better than the tears that were shed when I picked her up on previous days, which were more like "You're back and don't ever leave me here again!" She is doing really well for them--eating well, taking her bottles (all milk at this point!), and participating in art projects. Her first project came home today - a cute little rainbow with little squares of colored construction paper randomly glued all over like ice cream sprinkles.

Then, we went to get EJ at her after-school care, which happens to be the same place she went to preschool, kindergarten, and day camp the last few summers. All the teachers were excited to see Sophie, but Sophie was much more excited to see her sissy! We raced home, got EJ ready for piano lessons, gave Sophie her next bottle, kicked EJ out to the driveway when K pulled in for her ride to piano, and started dinner. After dinner, the cleanup and prep for the next day begins. Whew!

While K was picking up EJ at piano, Sophie was playing in family room while I was prepping dinner. She was awfully quiet in there, so when I had a break in my cooking, I popped my head in to see what she was doing, and this is what I found. I was laughing so hard that I had to run for the camera:

She had snagged the box of tissues from the coffee table and plucked out about 30 tissues before I figured out that lack of sound means she's up to something. Little stinker. And she sat there and smiled at me and then pulled another 3 or 4 out before I could stop the madness.

Speaking of madness, EJ wanted to get out some of the fall and Halloween decorations after dinner. Yep, it's almost time for another one of those holidays when you get a ton of candy. The problem? Her Easter basket is still sitting on the little table in the dining room...with unopened candy in it! So, in a few weeks, we'll have a few more pounds to deal with, and then Christmas candy, and then Valentine candy, and then Easter candy...and so on.

2 comments:

Gail said...

Too funny and cute!!
Sophie looks like she had a blast with the tissues!!
Not too bad to clean up after too!
At least its not crayon or even butter!! (which happened to me once when my dgt.was younger)

Carrie said...

It's never a good sign when they are quiet. She sure looked awfully cute doing it though.