Sunday, October 28, 2007

Sweep for the Sox?

It's the seventh inning of the 4th game, and Mike Lowell just hit a homerun in the top of the 7th to make it a 3-0 lead. Will they sweep the Rockies just as they swept the Cardinals three years ago? Only a few more innings to go!

My girls' weekend was fantastic, except that on Friday morning when I woke up I had the worst sinus headache and runny nose. After last weekend's sore throat went away, I thought the worst had passed, but I have a HORRIBLE cold now. Fun was had nonetheless. On Friday night, we sat around and gabbed for hours. Saturday was very rainy, but we drove down to Freeport anyway, had a great lunch of clam chowder and lobster stew and sandwiches, did some shopping, and then came back to settle in for the Sox game with a takeout pizza! What fun! This morning, we hiked around B's property. I came home a bit early to give K some relief from the girls so he could get the leaves up off the lawn. And EJ is sick - sore throat and slight fever. Hopefully, she'll feel better in the morning and won't have to miss school.

Anyway, here are my gal pals, enjoying the morning sun on the dock. I've been friends with these ladies for more than a decade now, and I really appreciate their friendship and support over the years. Thanks, B, for inviting us all up to Camp Foggy Bottom!

No comments: