Thursday, October 4, 2007

Cute Sophie things...

She's done some really cute, funny, and heart-warming things today:
  • She held her own bottle the whole way through her night-time feeding.
  • She drank COLD milk from a new sippy cup at dinner. It was only an ounce or two, but that's okay. She loved the garlic bread too.
  • After she drank some of her cold milk, she let out a cute little burp, upon which she smiled and starting patting her own belly. Guess she thought she would burp herself! When we're burping her, she'll sometimes pat our backs in return.
  • If you sit her socks and/or shoes in front of her, she picks them up and lays them on her feet. She knows where they belong!
  • She likes to grab the brush on her dresser and brush her own hair.
  • Tonight, when she was drinking her bedtime bottle, K came in her room to ask me something. When he turned around to walk out and close the door, she said "bye bye". Her caregiver at school told me that she said it today. She can also wave and blow kisses.
  • She loves our bed for some reason. When we lay her on it to undress her before bath time, she goes wild - rolling, giggling, flopping hysterically and laughing all the way. Sometimes, she gets on her back and if you say "wiggle wiggle", she does this funny little belly dance thing. Adorable!
  • She said "mama" several times tonight, and I think she said it to me!!!! :) The first was after her bath. And as we were rocking before bedtime, she reached her little hand up and patted my cheek and said it again. Sigh. I'm in love!

1 comment:

Gail said...

Ok, you got me to cry with that last comment.
Her touching your cheek and calling you mama.
Doesn't that make your heart swell?
When I hear things like this I can't wait to hold my baby and rock her. "Sigh"