Monday, October 15, 2007

Zippin' around DC

This week, I'm at my company's user conference in DC. My friend, E, and I arrived a few hours early and did the Capital Segway tour of the city. This was SO much fun that I would do the exact same tour again tomorrow if I had the chance. The tour lasted two hours, but you also get a few minutes practice in the store and about 15-20 minutes of free time in a park across the street before the tour starts to get comfy. I had been on a Segway for just a few minutes maybe 5-6 years ago, and it did take me about 15-20 minutes before I felt confident at higher speeds or quick stops, but before you know it, I was zipping around like a pro. E rode a more rugged cross-country model, which was very cool too. Here we are in front of the White House:



And here are some more photos, promised to EJ, who I wish could be here to tour around this week. Someday soon we'll come to visit so you can see everything! Here's a view from the steps of the Capitol looking down the mall to the Washington Monument:

Here I am on the walkway leading up to the steps of the Capitol:

EJ, this is the National Archives building where the Constitution and the Declaration of Independence are stored:

No comments: