Saturday, May 17, 2008

Key Lime Pie - WW 3 points

This week's theme for Overwhelmed With Joy's recipe swap is Weight Watchers. This one was easy for me. Many of you might remember that I lost about 35 pounds on WW five years ago. For the most part, I've kept it off. I'm a few pounds above my goal weight today, and I really need to get back on the bandwagon, but can't seem to find the willpower to stick with it for more than a day or so right now. Oh well.

For more WW recipes, you can click on the logo below! For an archive of all the recipes I've submitted to the swap, click on the Recipes link in the left column.




Anyway, I'm including this recipe for WW Key Lime Pie...only 3 points in each slice. This is a good recipe to make when you have a sweet tooth craving that needs to be satisfied while you're watching your points. I have a lot of other good WW recipes...maybe I'll try to include more of them in the swap.

Ingredients
1/4 cup water
1 package (4-serving size) sugar-free lime-flavor gelatin
2 containers (6 oz.) fat-free key lime pie yogurt
1 tub (8 oz.) frozen reduced-fat non-dairy whipped topping, thawed
1 Keebler Reduced Fat graham cracker pie crust

  1. In microwave-safe measuring cup heat water on high (100% power) for 45 seconds to 1 1/2 minutes or until boiling. Whisk in gelatin until dissolved.
  2. In large bowl whisk together gelatin mixture and yogurt. Fold in whipped topping. Carefully spread in crust. Refrigerate at least 4 hours or until set.
  3. Garnish as desired. Store in refrigerator.

No comments: