Thursday, May 8, 2008

Sick baby...

So, just as I'm feeling better from the nasty cold that attacked me two weeks ago, I'm afraid that Sophie has come down with something. When I picked the girls up this afternoon, EJ said one of the teachers told her that Sophie had been a bit fussy. She seemed fine to us, ate a great dinner (she loves my meatloaf!), and played normally.

When it was time for her warm milk before bed, she felt so hot to me. I thought it was just because it was a little warm in the house and she had been running around. But we both thought her forehead felt really hot, so we took her temp and it's a little over 100. After fighting down a dose of Tylenol, she zonked out in my arms in the rocking chair in a matter of seconds with a cool washcloth on her head.

I hope she feels better tomorrow. I'm working from home tomorrow and I have a lot that I need to get done! K usually works from home on Fridays, so I guess we'll do shifts in the morning if we need to. We'll see how she is in the morning. If the fever's down, maybe she can go into school for a few hours?

EJ and I are having Girls Night Out tomorrow night. I'm picking her up from school and a little later, we're going into the big city for dinner and a performance of Swan Lake. And the performers are having a discussion about the show for the hour before the show. Should be fun.

No comments: