Friday, January 5, 2007

Four from Florida!!!!

Look at this! FOUR quilt squares arrived in the mail today from the fabulous G family on the gulf coast of Florida. The G family became super friends when we lived in the Sunshine State and we miss them terribly! Luckily, we've been able to see them a few times over the years since we moved. We even met up with them two years ago for a terrific friends reunion at Emeril's restaurant at Universal, and then again the next day at Animal Kingdom. We always said we'd never go to Disney without them!

The G family has two wonderful twins, J and K. Your mom sent me an email telling me about all of your cool activities and we're so proud of you. Gosh, we remember when you were born, and we can't believe how old you are...aren't you like 13 now?!?!? I remember carrying K around as she was having a tantrum at Gregucci's restaurant one night. And J - he used to just wiggle and scoot all around our family room floor! Gosh, I'm getting old. Did you know that before the two of you were born, those of us who worked with your dad started a fun "Name the Twins" game that included entries Donnie and Marie, Sonny and Cher, Bonnie and Clyde...

Anyway, here are their four squares, clockwise from the upper left corner--the angel print was selected by mom S, the Nemo fish are from dad S, the jungle print is from daughter K, and the psychadelic tie dye is from son J. Thanks a bunch guys! Hope to see you soon...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't find any material with a Corvette!

Two Pearls said...

hmmm...it must be out there somewhere!!!

OldOaks said...

Like the squares. Can you make the graphics "hot spots" so that I can enlarge them? My blog does that and was surprised that I couldn't on yours. I dragged the angel into Photoshop and was able to figure out that the text was Amazing Grace. How about that for a name--Amazing Grace!

Naaa! L. would cry foul.

L.A.folk

Two Pearls said...

Hmmm...I don't know if I can do that. I'll have to play around with it. And Grace was a name that was mentioned. I don't recall anymore if it's still on the not-so-short list! I've lost track.

Two Pearls said...

Oh, and I pointed Still A Dad to some corvette fabric on eBay and he said that he bought it and it is on his way!