Friday, January 26, 2007

Okay, I'm getting emotional...

I've been doing so good with these quilt squares. It's been so much fun getting the mail every day to see what has arrived. And then today, it happened. I cried. And it's all my aunt's fault! She sent her square along with a nice note, but then there was another square tucked in there that she said was from my Grandma S's home. She thinks it was once a curtain in the hallway between Grandma's dining room and one of the bedrooms. It was very touching, and I'm so happy you sent it (even if I got all teary-eyed over it)!


Now that my eyes are dry, Aunt N. and Uncle J. also sent this fabric. Apparently, she is the "Queen Mum" of the local Red Hat Society, so she thought this was fitting!


She also included a square from my cousin (her daughter), P. and her family, husband P. and son E. This is so cool! It is a square of Buchanan plaid, which was the kilt plaid that P wore in their wedding, one of several plaids he is entitled to wear by virtue of his Scottish lineage on his father's side of the family.


And here is a picture of P modeling that plaid kilt!

And finally, while I was digging through files to find that picture, I came across this one of EJ at their wedding. She thought she was a real princess that day, and she certainly looked like one! It's hard to believe how much she's grown in three years!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So glad you liked it. Okay, you can be the next generation's designated cryer - I've been that for my generation and I'm glad to pass it along!

Two Pearls said...

Oh no...I don't want that title!