Tuesday, January 23, 2007

To keep my PA friends and family happy...

...I ordered this fabric. Yes, there are two football teams in my life, the Steelers and the Patriots. I won't even bother trying to explain that you really can be a fan of two different teams, because I know that most people believe it's just not possible. And for my own safety, I choose not to comment if one of the teams might have a slight advantage! Let's just say that for the last few years, life has been good as a dual fan...I've been lucky enough for at least one of my teams to get to the Super Bowl. Sadly, this was not one of those years.

Let's just say that being a Steelers fan in Pittsburgh is just like being a Red Sox fan in Boston. It's not even optional; you are born with black and gold in your veins. I grew up going to Steelers training camp in the summer and have photos with all the great players - Terry Bradshaw, Mean Joe Green, Lynn Swan, Jack Lambert, and Jack Ham. Even photos of my mom with Coach Noll and Rocky Blier (who was a sportscaster at the time). We used to stay on the St. Vincents College campus after practice ended and hang out at the dining hall, where we could watch all the players drive up in their pimped-out rides and get all the autographs and photos. Lots of great memories. My brother is the biggest Steelers fan I know...he has a shrine/museum of photos and autographs at his new house.

I know they didn't do too well this year, so I'll just pack away my Terrible Towel for until next season. Go Stillers! (That's how you say it in Pittsburghese!)


No comments: