Monday, January 22, 2007

Two squares today

Wow - two more quilt squares arrived in my office at work today! The first is from a wild and crazy gal, our VP of Product Management, A.M. If you know A. at all, you'll understand why she picked this Tigger and Pooh fabric. She kinda has, um, a little habit of showing up at work in costume every once in a while. Yeah, you read that right...the VP wears a costume. Gotta love casual work environments, huh?

My first encounter with Tigger was only a few months into my job. I had my office door closed and was on the phone with a job candidate I was hoping would come work for us (she did...in fact, her square is the other one featured in today's post!). In the middle of the call, I saw someone outside my door trying to slide some paperwork under the office door. I looked up and saw that TIGGER was standing outside my door. Of course, I didn't recognize that it was A.M. at the time, so I had to go asking around for a few minutes to see who it was. ("Um, yeah, I just saw Tigger sliding some papers under my door...you didn't happen to see who it was? Yeah, you know, Tigger? Really. At my door. Sliding papers. Oh, never mind...")

If you haven't seen her dressed as Tigger or a clown or a socialite from the Red Hat Society, you've surely noticed her holiday sweater collection. And just wait until St. Patrick's Day when the pointy-toed leprechaun shoes come out! Thanks, A.M., for the fabric and for making me laugh a lot at work!


The second piece of fabric is from L.H., a super friend and colleague who did accept one of the first full-time positions in our department, despite the fact that I claimed to see Tigger during a recruiting conversation. I'm sure she wondered what she was getting herself into!

L. picked out this cute and colorful print with hearts and blocks, which she said represent all the writing we do! Thank you, L., for the fabric and for being my sounding board at work so often. Who else could I brainstorm my crazy ideas with? It's a true pleasure!

No comments: